Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vegetarian Recipe Monday...er, I mean Tuesday.


It was a public holiday here is South Australia yesterday, and it was my birthday, so I wasnt at work and unable to do a new recipe post, which is why I am only getting to it today.

If my ISP would hurry up and connect my internet I might actually be able to get online and do these posts in time. I've been waiting nearly four weeks now for them to connect my internet at home. Funnily enough, last week I received a "confirmation email" from my ISP stating that my internet had, in fact, been connected. But then when I tried to set up my DSL on my computer, the modem couldnt register a DSL signal. So, after spending an hour arguing with the automative IT help guy, I finally got to speak with a real person (gosh, I sound like my grandparents! Am I not supposed to be part of the technology generation?) I was told that DSL had not yet been connected to my line. Pfft.

So, anyways, this weeks' recipe is as follows:

Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognaise Sauce
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 Medium Zucchini (Corgette)
1/4 small Sweet Potatoe or equivalent Pumpkin
1/2 Medium Carrot
1/4 Medium Red Capsicum (bell pepper)
1 x 400g tin diced Italian tomatoes
1/2 cup water
1 tspn dried Oregano
1 tspn dried Basil
1/2 tspn Paprika
1 tspn vegetable stock powder (optional)
Red Wine

In medium saucepan, fry finely chopped onion and garlic in 1 tspn olive oil.

Add finely chopped (or vitamised) zucchini, sweet potatoe/pumpkin, carrot and red capsicum. Sautee.

Pour in tin of diced Italian tomatoes and add water.

Add oregano, basil, paprika and vegetable stock.

Bring to boil and then let simmer as you add red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon works best).

Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until vegatables tender and preferred flavour acquired.

At the same time, boil spaghetti. Drain when el-dente.
Top with sauce and some grated vegetarian tasty cheese.

Bon apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!