Sunday, February 19, 2012

In My Kitchen: February 2012...


In my kitchen this month are the sweetest, juiciest, tastiest peaches, stewed and packaged...



And are so good as a sweetener on porridge for breakfast, or with icecream for dessert after dinner.



In my kitchen are fresh figs, served with baked custard and a dollop of cream...



And roasted vegetable soup, great for getting in a veggie-fix when the hot weather lets up for a bit.



In my kitchen is quick and easy meals like broccoli and cauliflower cooked in stock and served with pasta flavoured with butter and covered in parmesan cheese...



And vegetable casserole pies.

What's in your kitchen this month?




~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

In My Kitchen is a monthly feature hosted by Fig Jam & Lime Cordial.
To take part, simply make a blog post and link back to Fig Jam & Lime Cordial.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing! So many healthy things in your kitchen this month! Your vegetable pies look especially tempting, but the baked figs..oh my.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! What delicious looking food you create. I must have gained 5 lbs. just looking at it all and now have to wipe the drool off my keyboard!! Well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those peaches are wonderful! I am licking my lips looking at them. The winter fruit available here right now isn't tempting at all!
    Thanks for the peek into summer- and your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah. Lovely recipes. Even though we aren't vegetarians I love vegetarian food and try to include a couple each week.

    If I could make a suggestion regarding your recipe for Risotto Balls regarding the egg wash, I have been using buttermilk in place of eggs when I need to crumb.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!