Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Mail Out: Old Friends...

[Laura's letter & my reply, with the picture her son drew for me pinned up in the background]


"Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant." - Socrates, Greek Philosopher


Today mail went out to Laura and Jessica, people I've been corresponding with for years.

Laura and I first started writing whilst we were both still in highschool, so our friendship has continued for near on 15 years. We write about anything and everything. In between the letters we text, email and Facebook. I never run out of things to talk about with Laura; we have so much in common and she has become one of my closest friends. I think I'd be lost without her!


[Letters sent in handmade envelopes]

I started writing Jessica in 2006 when she was working as an ESL teacher in Japan. She's been back living in Melbourne for around 5 years now and is currently studying primary school teaching. I'm so excited for her because I think she'll be great at it.


Written correspondence has been a hobby of mine for a long time, & Monday Mail Out is a weekly feature whereby I can share my love for the lost art of letter writing. I hope my experiences will encourage others to send out letters on Monday too, and have them rediscover the joy of sending and receiving mail. If you have a blog, feel free to join in.

2 comments:

  1. Aww Sarah; I'm already super emotional today after that dream I had, now I read your blog & I'm in tears...you already know I consider you my closest friend ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the homemade envelopes, I usually make them too ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!