Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Autumn in the Veggie Patch...


The days may still be warmer than I'd like, but our veggie patch is telling us it is definitely autumn. In it you will find pumpkin vines, planted a little late but coming along nicely nonetheless. They certainly take up quite a bit of space in the garden beds. 
Here's hoping for some homegrown pumpkin soon!



There's also an adundance of beetroot, ripe and ready for the picking! I plan to roast some of these babies on the weekend.



You'll also find seeds. Lots and lots of seeds. Some planted straight into the garden beds, others in raising punnets whilst we (and by we I mean me) wait for SJ to finish building the last bed. We are hoping for a winter of peas, turnips, radishes, onions, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage. Possibly even a potato or two, if I can protect them from the frosts. 

What's happening in your garden this autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!