Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Mail Out: Pretty in Pink...


Australia Post releases at least one new postage stamp design each year featuring Queen Elizabeth II, usually in celebration of her "birthday" public holiday, which in Australia falls in June.

This year Lizzie is celebrating her Diamond Jubilee - that's a whopping 60 years as sovereign for 16 countries, including Australia. 



On the 3 April, Australia Post released its first Diamond Jubilee stamp issue, which has fast become my favourite.

 I think the grey tones of the stamps look great on these handmade pink envelopes.



Written correspondence has been a hobby of mine for a long time, & Monday Mail Out is a weekly feature whereby I can share my love for the lost art of letter writing. I hope my experiences will encourage others to send out letters on Monday too, and have them rediscover the joy of sending and receiving mail. If you have a blog, feel free to join in.

2 comments:

  1. It's the Queen's birthday next weekend. She has two because she's that important hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    YAY! I got your letter yesterday (that oh-so-pretty one in the back of the photo)! Thanks for writing me, I'm a bit behind in my responses at the moment but I hope to be able to pop a return letter in the mail soon(ish).

    I really like the idea of Monday Mail Outs--what a great idea!

    I'm just catching up on some of your old blogposts at the moment and oh my lord, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your writing desk. In fact, I covet it and am considering coming to Australia to steal it from you. I haven't figured out how I'm going to transport it from Australia to Canada quite yet, but consider yourself warned.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!