Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Mail Out: Organising.


This is how I spent my Sunday morning: In the spare room up to my knees in three years worth of mail. I keep every letter, postcard and note I receive and the boxes in which I keep them were in a state of absolute chaos. I figured it was about time to do some organising.


I sorted every piece and put them in appropriate piles. The largest space I had out of Bailey-dog's reach was the bed in the second bedroom, so that became my "organising space".


Each completed pile was then tied off and sorted into boxes, which then got stacked neatly on the upper shelves of the built-in-robe. Out of sight but still in reach if I need.


Once that was completed I wrote a couple postcards and then walked them down to the post office with the Bailey-dog. I'd decided that the weekend was going to be free of letter-writing so that I could focus on other things, this being one of them.


Written correspondence has been a hobby of mine for a long time, & Monday Mail Out is a weekly feature whereby I can share my love for the lost art of letter writing. I hope my experiences will encourage others to send out letters on Monday too, and have them rediscover the joy of sending and receiving mail. If you have a blog, feel free to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!