Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Week in Pictures...


 
* FruChoc cheesecake is quite possibly the most AMAZING cheesecake. You have to try it.
 
* Does anyone have a recipe for bagels that I can use a breadmaker to mix the dough? There are so many different ones on the internet and I want to make sure I use one that works.
 
* I finally got into the garden this week and planted in all the seeds and seedlings: Cucumber, lettuce, eggplant, zucchini, tomato, corn, carrots and beets.
 
* Two days later it rained all day and blew an absolute gale. It was also pretty darn cold. The tomatoes looked a little shocked by it all.
 
* The day after, whilst the ground was still damp and soft, I planted lavendar, geranium, palergonia, carnation, sage, lamb's ear and daisies in the frontyard. There was nothing really there before so it looks much better already.
 
* I couldn't find the charger for the dog clippers so I had to trim the hair around Bailey-dog's eyes with a pair of paper scissors. And all because I can't get him into the dog groomer until the 23rd.
 
* Mail art is terribly time-consuming, but oh-so-fun. Current inspiration = Victorian and Regency fashion plates.
 


2 comments:

  1. that cheesecake looks amazing! I am currently baking some "healthy" banana bread and am praying that it turns out to be delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet you trimming around Bailey's eyes with the paper scissors!...sweet as that fabulous cheesecake you've produced! I'm sure that your efforts in the garden are going to reap fabulous rewards! Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour...I've just cut back all of our lavender, rosemary, sage, and assorted herbs and roses for the cold snap...autumn is now in full swing with very low temperatures on the way out to work this morning...here come the darker evenings as yours are just lighting up!
    Have a great week and thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!