Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Week in Pictures...


 
A bit of a mish-mash of photos this week:
 
** I work in a small law firm where there is only the one solicitor. My level of busy depends on how much work they're filtering my way on any given day. If the flow is slow and sporadic, I tend to lose motivation and become bored pretty quickly. That was pretty much my entire week: Zero motivation, 100% boredom. That was until 4pm on Wednesday afternoon when the solicitor decided they wanted a week's worth of work completed in one hour. Boredom may drive me batty but the last-minute rush is not a preferred alternative.
 
** All day Thursday was First Aid training. It was nowhere near as boring as I thought it was going to be and I learnt a lot. One of the things I discovered is that I am not so good with open wounds, even the fake kind. However, if someone's not breathing and needs CPR, then I'm their girl - as long as they're not cut up and covered in blood or anything. Turns out I'm a bit squeamish. Who knew?
 
** Friday the rain came and stayed for two days. We ended up with more than 60mm, which is a phenomenal amount for this part of the world. Our water tanks are full, which means this week we can switch off the mains supply and return to running the house on rainwater. As long as we get regular, follow-up rain over winter and spring, we should have enough to get us through the summer. The garden has also received a good soaking. The weeds are loving it.
 
How was your week?
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week! When I did my first aid training I wasn't very good at wounds either, but I was good with burns!
    New follower on Bloglovin'! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!