Sunday, August 18, 2013

365 Mail Art Project: Weeks 43, 44 & 45

Six weeks to go.
217 pieces of mail art yet to make and send out.
Can I do it?
 
One of the biggest challenges, aside from finding the time to make the mail art, has been finding people to send it to. I have just started a new batch of mail art to go out to the final few people who have emailed me requesting to be a part of the project.
 
I will happily accept more requests from people over the coming weeks, so if you think finding a piece of mail art in your letterbox might be kind of awesome, please do not hesitate to drop me an email! I'll be happy to oblige. At present, I'm about 50 recipients shy of 365.
 
I would especially love to send out some more pieces to fellow Australians, so if you're from Australia you should definitely email me. Like, NOW.
 
 
 
Weeks 43 & 44:
 
I was busy writing an 80-page letter to my BFF that I totally forgot to finish the mail art I started, so the pieces took two weekends to complete: Made the envelopes the first weekend, added the addresses the second. Why rush these things?
 
Using my own photos of the beach (I miss the ocean), I made the following envelopes:
 
 
 
#143 of 365:
Early morning, exposed reef for Astrid in Germany...
 

 
#144 of 365:
Stormy sunset for Dora in New Zealand...
 

 
#145 of 365:
Shoreline for Maaike in the Netherlands...
 

 
#146 of 365:
Dusk by the water for Rusty in the USA.
 
 
 
Week 45:
 
Two tiny teapot envelopes!

 
#147 of 365:
Pot of tea for Karlee in the USA...
 

 
#148 of 365:
And a pot of tea for Kirby in Australia.

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear!
    Have you received my letter yet? I sent it a fair while ago, so I hope that it didn't get lost??
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Cheers--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A reply is already in the post! You should have it soon (if not already). :)
      ~S. xo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I really appreciate any suggestions, feedback and comments you may like to share, so please don't be afraid to leave them. It'd be wonderful to see you return again!